“The secret of good teaching is to regard the child’s intelligence as fertile field in which seeds may be sown, to grow under the heat of flaming imagination. Our aim is not only to make the child understand, and still less to force him to memorise, but so to touch his imagination as to enthuse him to his inner most core. We do not want complacent pupils but eager ones. We seek to sow life in the child rather than theories to help him in his growth, mental and emotional as well as physical, and for the most offer grand and lofty ideas to the human mind” – Maria Montessori
At Montessori Kindergarten we work together with parents to provide quality childcare to all children as individuals. We believe children are individually unique and have different learning abilities as well having the freedom to carry out experiences and activities that allow them to develop with the support, care and guidance of the carer.
We believe that the Montessori philosophy will bring a developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children, that are correctly tailored to the specific needs of each age groups. Different ages have different needs, interests, and developmental tasks, and the curriculum will reflect those variations.
We aim to develop positive and supportive relationships with all parents and the surrounding community through the use of open communication and the sharing of knowledge and skills. We value and respect these relationships, and the relationships between children and their families, and encourage parents to become involved in and contribute to the program whenever they are able to.
- We believe that children should be provided with an environment that reflects a safe and happy atmosphere.
- We believe that each child is a unique individual.
- We believe that children are provided the opportunity to express their feelings and not participate in an activity by allowing a variety of choices (Montessori)
- We believe that children will be encouraged to achieve self help skills enabling them to become independent.
- Children will be provided with the opportunity to build self esteem and a feeling of self worth.
- We believe that staff will abide by the centre’s philosophy, policies and practices of the centre.
- We believe that staff will supervise children at all times and guide them throughout the daily tasks.
- Staff will maintain appropriate confidentiality
- We believe that staff work as a team by respecting, tolerating, indiscriminative and listen to colleagues’ point of view.
- We believe that staff will always put the needs of the children first by being aware of and follow childcare regulations and safety hygiene practices.
- We believe that the staff will support and assist each other in their professional development by acknowledging the use of personal and professional strengths that are bought to the workplace through the incorporation of the Montessori Method.
- Staff will aim to develop positive relationships with families based on trust and open communication in a respectful manner through community involvement.
- Families will be encouraged to share their knowledge with centre staff.
- Families will be provided to services with different economic cultural and ethnic backgrounds, respecting their individual rights.
- Families will be invited and encouraged to participate in the centre’s program and management.
- We will provide programs that will liaise with community resources and utilize services available at the centre.
- We will promote awareness and understanding of quality children’s services in the community.
- The environment will have a variety of age appropriate materials and equipment.
- The environment will be clean, safe and hygienic.
- The environment will display children’s work.
- The environment is set out into five areas which focus on children’s development, choice and interest…
- Practical Life
- Arts and cultural